Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Hero Has Gone Home 12/1/12 My first week in Angola has been unusual and special. Sam and I happened to arrive just a few days before the passing of Dr. Bob Foster, a man with a tremendous legacy in Angola, especially here in Lubango and Kalukembe where he served for many years as missionary and doctor saving lives physically and spiritually; as well as in Zambia, where he was born and also served people who had no doctor at the time. I did not get the pleasure of meeting Dr. Bob, though Sam has, and has told me much about him and introduced me to the book written about his life, “The Sword and the Scalpel”, which I very much recommend. Today we attended his funeral, along with so many whose lives he touched.
He will be sorely missed here on Earth, but there is a sweet reunion going on in Heaven. Parting shot: “Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust”

No comments: