Friday, December 01, 2006

Entertaining

Once the sun goes down in Okahandja there's not a whole lot to do. So I read, play spider solitaire and watch movies. Some movies veiwed since being here...and my personal opinions:

Trauma (good psychological thriller, but the ending didn't live up to the rest of the movie)
Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest (only movie I've seen in the theater here. liked it a lot)
Tsotsi (South African film. I would totally recommend it)
Inside Man (Chaiyya Chaiyya. enjoyed it. very Ocean's Eleven-esque)
Brother's Grimm (Really good. Better than I expected)
Lemmony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events (finally got around to seeing it. really liked it)
Over the Hedge (Funny)
Ultravoilet (NOT my pick!. 2 hours of my life I will never get back)
Failure to Launch (not bad, but predictable girl movie. there is a cool scene where they rock climb)
The Constant Gardener (set in Africa. pretty good story)
Mean Girls (totally surprised me...I laughed a lot)
The Fog (Buddy and Maveja's choice. pretty cheesy)
The League of Extraordinary Gentleman (Not really my style. too comic-book for me, and a bit long...or maybe it just seemed long)

Recently Read:
"Let Me Be a Woman" by Elizabeth Elliot
"The Air I Breathe" by Louie Giglio

Currently reading:
"The Barbarian Way" by Erwin McManus

In the Line-up:
"Life Together" by Deitrich Bonhoffer
"Uprising" by Erwin McManus
"Hard to Believe" by John McArthur

Currently Watching:
"Friends" Season 9
"Flightplan"
"The Wild"

Currently Listening to:
Paul Simon
Norah Jones
The Wild Dogs
Bullet
Damien Rice
Over the Rhine

No comments: