Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mission Impossible 17/1/12 Dear Ladies, You have one bucket of hot water, one bucket of cold water and a lighted candle as your sole source of light. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to successfully bathe, wash your hair, and shave your legs. Did I mention it's COLD and you're covered in goosebumps? Have fun, try not to nick yourself and don't miss a spot! Sincerely Yours, Amanda They say candlelight is forgiving. It's hides all the imperfections and casts everything is a warm, gauzy glow. That's rather desirable for first dates, but not exactly the top lighting choice when it comes to shaving one's legs. I've had the pleasure of the above experience twice now since moving to Lubango and let's just say it's not my favorite activity in the world. I do, however, appear to be quite talented at it, even if I do say so myself. No cuts, and I smell clean. Though, I must say it does take me like an hour to complete the whole ritual of bathing, washing hair and shaving. That being said, as you can imagine, the latter is done on a purely 'as needed' basis. Parting Shot for today: “Isn't it Romantic?”

No comments: