Monday, August 03, 2009

Church

It warmed up considerably the second two days here (and maybe we adjusted a bit too), to the point where at least during the day I could wear short sleeves. The sun of course is still glorious and the sky as blue as can be. Sunday we went to church at Sam’s dad church – he pastors a Baptist church that meets in a school classroom in Windhoek. It’s a Portuguese-speaking church. Both times I have been there, the message has been translated into English, but my guess is that was for my benefit. All the kids are involved in the service some way – choir, keyboard, set-up - and in my estimation, make up about half the small congregation. The singing was beautiful – some Portuguese, some English, and also some Umbundu. Sam’s dad gave a good sermon, with Ito translating it into English.

No comments: