Wednesday, May 04, 2005

and worshipped

"therefore David said to his servants, 'is the child dead?' and they said, 'he is dead.' so david arose from the ground, washed and annointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshipped." - 2 Samuel 12:19-20

and worshipped. his son had just died due to the consequences of his sin. God told him that his sin would cause the death of his son. david prayed, fasted and mourned anyway, hoping God would spare the son. when He did not and the child died, david worshipped. am i as stubbornly hopeful? am i as faithful after my own wrong choices to sin? do i hope for grace, yet in seeing justice, am i filled with worship? can i obediently worship and accept God's justice and grace?

Jesus, show me how to worship through my bad choices and my sin. show me how to accept grace and worship the God of this grace instead of allowing the enemy to guilt me into silence - to sulk away ashamed. i am a child of the King. a prodigal. YOU have been awaiting my return and rejoice with dancing when i turn homeward. Thank YOU for remaining faithful in the midst of my unfaithfulness. YOU are faithful.

Isaiah 49:7
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

No comments: